Are you interested in adding high-quality STEM lessons to your out-of-school time program? Join the ND Afterschool Network and the Northeast Education Services Cooperative (NESC) for an interactive, research-based professional learning opportunity from September 2023 - March 2024!
Learn about using engineering design processes to engage your students as they build an engineering mindset and solve real world problems. Improve your students' ability to work collaboratively and persist through failure. Learn tips for creating your own STEM lessons and receive many practical examples that you can implement immediately.
We will kick-off the program in September with a full day together and then meet virtually once per month (September 2023 - March 2024). We will conclude the program with virtual site visits in late March, including coaching and lesson supports.
This opportunity aligns with ND Quality Standards for Out-of-School Time Programs (LM11, LM12, PD1, PD10, PD13, RI11).
- KICK OFF: September 11, 9am - 4pm (face-to-face in central location TBD)
- Monthly one-hour virtual sessions, 1pm - 2pm
- Virtual site visits (1 hour per program site): end of March
- Out-of-School Time Programs working with students in grades K-12 across ND.
- 3 staff participate per program site (site coordinator + 2 instructors)
- Program signs LOA and attends all sessions to receive $1,000 stipend (Funding limited to the first 8 programs to apply below)