The ND Afterschool Network, in collaboration with the ND Council on the Arts, is pleased to offer grant funding ranging from $500 – 2,000 to out-of-school time programs located within the state of North Dakota to increase opportunities for students to engage in arts programming. Community connection is a component of high-quality out-of-school time programs. This opportunity will allow engagement with artists and arts providers while fostering 21st century learning skills including collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking. Out-of-school time programs are encouraged to think creatively about forming new or expanding on existing connections with artists or arts institutions within your community. Examples of activities include, but are not limited to:
- An Afterschool provider contracts with a local ceramic studio to take students to the studio for a series of hands-on clay/ceramic activities. Funds can be used to pay the artist/instructor/culture bearer, for supplies and for busing of students.
- Afterschool program reaches out to a local musician/music instructor who will come into their facility 2 days per week to provide ukulele lessons. Funds can be used to pay the instructor and purchase instruments.
- Afterschool program connects with their local theater group to provide guidance and support for a one-act play that will be shared with an elder facility. Funds can be used to pay the theater group, transportation and to purchase costumes and supplies needed for play.
- Afterschool program contracts with a local artist to provide visual arts lessons each week to students. Funds can be used to pay the artist/instructor and for art supplies.
- Out-of-School time programs located within the state of ND and serving students within the K-12 grade range.
- Proposed activities must foster partnership within the community and have engagement directly with artists or arts institutions which can take place in-person or virtually.
- Funding requests will be reviewed and awarded based on scope of project and funding availability.
- Activities must be completed and final report submitted by June 15, 2021.
- Stipends to professional artists/culture bearer or art institutions
- Supplies and materials
- Transportation directly related to arts programming (bussing to museum, arts performance, artist studio, etc.)
Will not fund:
- Snacks/meals for program participants
- Permanent equipment (printing press, pottery wheel, 3D printers, etc.)
- Staffing or other overhead costs
Deadline to apply: May 15, 2021
For questions, technical assistance, support brainstorming project ideas, or connections to local artists or arts institutions, contact Kristin Knorr, ND Afterschool Network Lead at Kristin.firstname.lastname@example.org.