What is expected of Consultee
1. Examples of your clinical work are essential to the consultation process. You are expected to come prepared to present case material, complete with case presentation forms, notes, and video recordings of your client sessions.
2. You will need to obtain the necessary releases and video consents from clients. You will share a copy of your video consent and release to me.
3. You will be responsible for completing case presentation forms for the clients that you review during consultation. You will be required to review your work with clients through all 8 Phases and 3 Prongs of the standard EMDR therapy, to include video recorded sessions.
4. You will need to demonstrate proficiency and fidelity to the standard EMDR therapy and an awareness of situations in which modifications to standard EMDR therapy are necessary in order to safely and effectively treat the client. This may include reading and training outside of consultation.
5. Do not include any information that will identify the case you are presenting on materials you share with me without first obtaining a release to do so from your client.
6. You are expected to practice within the ethical guidelines of both your license and professional associations.
7. EMDRIA states that if there is no professional association, then the APA’s code of ethics will be the standard for all EMDRIA members. It is your responsibility to stay current on both the laws and ethics applicable to them.