To achieve Mayor’s Health & Fitness Council (MHFC) Certification, organizations must have health initiatives that comprehensively address each of the following categories:
- Tobacco-Free Living
- Physical Activity
- Health Education & Preventive Services
Partners must achieve a minimum of 10 points in each category to be certified.
The Partner Application has a total of 100 points. Employers may achieve certification at three levels:
- Bronze (50-59 points)
- Silver (60-69 points, plus tobacco free campus policy)
- Gold (70 points and above, plus CEO Cancer Gold Standard)
All employers receiving partner certification will be recognized at a yearly awards and recognition ceremony. Partner certification lasts for 2 years.
Mayor's Healthiest Workplace Awards
Applying for MHFC Certification qualifies your business to compete in the Mayor's Healthiest Workplace Awards.
- Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace: For-profit or Non Profit*
- Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace: School District or Government Organization
- Most Innovative Wellness Program
- Rising Star Award
*This award will be provided in each of the following size categories:
- Under 50 (less than 50 employees)
- Small (50-249 employees)
- Medium (250-500 employees)
- Large (>500 employees)
How are awards determined?
The Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace Awards will be determined by combining the following scores:
- Most recent partner certification score the worksite received. Must have been received within 2 years. Up to 100 points possible.
- Bonus points. Workplaces that are certified at the Silver level receive 10 bonus points and workplaces at the Gold level receive 20 points.
- Community Engagement and Innovation question points. Up to 35 points possible.
- The Rising Star award is given to the workplace showing the largest gain in their score from the previous year.
- The Innovation Award is determined by Question #4 on the Community Engagement and Innovation Questionnaire.
When will awards be given out?
The 2017 Mayor’s Health and Fitness Award ceremony will be held on Friday, September 15, 2017.
Steps to Apply
1. Complete the following online application form, providing information within the year for which you are applying (i.e. current initiatives within 2017, not what you plan to do in the future).
2. Submit supporting documentation for all items indicated with an (^) by emailing a PDF to email@example.com.
The deadline to be recognized in the 2017 Mayor’s Health and Fitness Awards is July 31, 2017.
To begin, click on Create an Account below. This will allow you to Save & Return to revisit this form throughout the application process. We highly recommend you create an account.
If you choose not to create an account, you must complete your application in one sitting.