Thank you for your interest in the WE-CAN Project which is led by Queen’s University and supported by the Government of Canada through FedDev Ontario’s Women Entrepreneurship Strategy (WES) Ecosystem Fund.
The mission of WE-CAN is to inspire and empower existing and aspiring women entrepreneurs by providing them with tools, resources, expert mentors, networks and community building to expand existing businesses and to launch new ventures.
By answering the following questions, you will help us determine your eligibility for WE-CAN’s various programs and services.
The WE-CAN Project led by Queen’s University is designed to meet the needs of the following underrepresented groups in the Kingston region:
- women entrepreneurs in eastern Ontario who identify as Indigenous, with priority given to women who live in the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory and the greater Kingston area;
- rural women entrepreneurs in the greater Kingston region;
- women entrepreneurs with a disability in the greater Kingston region;
- women entrepreneurs from a visible/racialized minority in the greater Kingston region;
- women entrepreneurs who are newcomers to Canada within the past 10 years;
- women entrepreneurs under 40 in the greater Kingston region;
- and women entrepreneurs leading tech companies in the eastern Ontario region, with priority given to those in the greater Kingston region.
When you submit this application, a link to a questionnaire will be sent to you and each person that you have identified as a co-founder, partner or co-owner. This questionnaire will ask you to self-identify for the purposes of determining eligibility to the streams of programs and services that are available via the WE-CAN Project. This questionnaire is confidential and will only be used for the purpose of determining your eligibility to access WE-CAN programs and services. We ask that you complete this questionnaire as soon as possible in order to ensure a quick turn around on your application.
Once we receive your application, the Queen's Partnerships and Innovation team will review it and respond with any questions we may have within 3-5 business days.
If you have any questions about WE-CAN, please reach out to Kerry Ramsay, WE-CAN Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.