In submitting this application to volunteer, I understand that the scope of my relationship with Real Dog Rescue is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by a Volunteer; that Real Dog Rescue will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to Real Dog Rescue.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless Real Dog Rescue and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to Real Dog Rescue. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Real Dog Rescue from any liability or claim that I may have against Real Dog Rescue with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to Real Dog Rescue or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that Real Dog Rescue does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Real Dog Rescue beyond what may be offered freely by Real Dog Rescue in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me. EACH VOLUNTEER IS EXPECTED AND ENCOURAGED TO CARRY PERSONAL LIABILITY OR HEALTH INSURANCE PRIOR TO PROVIDING VOLUNTEER SERVICES TO REAL DOG RESCUE.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge Real Dog Rescue from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with Real Dog Rescue.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to Real Dog Rescue may include activities that may be potentially dangerous including, but not limited to direct animal handling. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and Release Real Dog Rescue from all liability.
5. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to Real Dog Rescue all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by Real Dog Rescue in connection with my providing volunteer services to Real Dog Rescue.
6. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New Jersey and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
Further, I, for myself and my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby release, waive and discharge Real Dog Rescue and its officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers of and from any and all claims which I or my heirs, administrators and assigns ever may have against any of the above for, on account of, by reason of or arising in connection with such volunteer relief efforts or my participation therein, and hereby waive all such claims, demands and causes of action.
I currently have no known physical or mental condition that would impair my capability for full participation as intended or expected of me as a volunteer for Real Dog Rescue. *
I have carefully read the foregoing release and indemnification and understand the contents thereof and sign this release as my own free act.