AGC Construction Safety, Health & Environmental Conference
Call for Presentations Submission Form
The AGC Construction Safety, Health and Environmental Conference (July 2021, Washington, DC) is designed for emerging to senior-level management professionals who work in any of the commercial construction markets. All educational sessions should be targeted towards these attendees and should involve topics that reflect current and emerging issues in construction safety & health or the environment. Proposals may be considered for stand-alone educational sessions or as part of a joint presentation.
NOTE: Presentations cannot be sales pitches. If you are a consultant, product or service supplier to the construction industry, we recommend that you add a contractor co-presenter.
AGC'S SESSION FORMAT AND CRITERIA
- Sessions are scheduled for 60 minutes, including Q&A; therefore, submissions of this length will receive priority.
- Sessions may utilize a single presenter, multiple presenters or a panel format. If a panel format is selected, the panel should consist of 2-3 participants, including a moderator, who represent a variety of different organizations. Panel members should be prepared to provide their views on a common theme, issue or question. Panels may not consist of more than four participants (e.g. up to four panelists, or three panelists and a moderator/facilitator).
- Session should allow attendees to be actively involved and interact with the material and presenters as well as with other attendees where appropriate.
- Sessions should provide an opportunity to share relevant commercial construction case studies.
- Sessions should employ experience-based learning with interactions, hands-on activities and demonstrations.
- Sessions should present innovative techniques or compelling best practices to a content area listed above.
- Sessions should provide a handout and/or other meaningful takeaways for attendees.
Proposals and presenters for educational sessions must adhere to the following criteria:
- All presenters and/or panel members must be available to deliver their presentation during the scheduled date.time.
- All proposals must include clear and concise written statements of intended learning outcomes or objectives for each session. These should be proportionate and realistic for the length of the session. These statements must reflect what the attendees will achieve by participating in this session.
- For sessions that will offer certain Continuing Education Units (CEUs), those presenters will be required to submit a five to six question quiz using multiple choice or true/false format to test key presentation items.
- All presentation materials (e.g. PowerPoint files) must utilize the AGC Construction Safety, Health & Environmental Conference branding and templates. AGC of America staff will provide selected speakers with information and access to logo and template files.
- All presenters will be required to sign a Speaker Agreement with AGC, which will include granting AGC a nonexclusive license to the copyright of written materials and may include permission to record the session (in audio and/or video format).
AGC provides the following educational services and technical support to its speakers:
- Assistance with finalizing the presentation, including proofreading, formatting, etc.
- Production and replication services for attendee materials.
- Onsite facilitation and support as needed during the program.
- AGC staff will work with the speakers to ensure the program adheres to continuing education credit requirements.
AGC has the following expectations for all speakers:
- Demonstrates professionalism in all communications and actions related to and during the AGC Construction Safety, Health & Environmental Conference and education sessions.
- Understands that it is not appropriate and strictly prohibited to solicit for a company, service or product, or to recruit.
- Demonstrates high standards of professional conduct and does not discriminate against learners based on gender, age, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Meets AGC deadlines.
- Adheres to continuing education credit requirements and does his/her part to meet the requirements.
- Submits all program materials electronically, including handouts and PowerPoint slides.
SELECTION PROCESS & NOTIFICATION
All presenters must meet or exceed the criteria listed above. Submission of a presentation does not guarantee inclusion in the Conference schedule. All proposals will be reviewed, and the Point of Contact will be notified if their presentation was selected.
Each selected session will be granted complimentary, non-transferable, full standard Conference registrations for speakers ONLY. Please note that any Conference activities that require an additional fee or ticket purchase will be the sole responsibility of the speaker(s).
Selected speakers will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred in developing content or materials for his/her presentation, for hotel accommodations or for travel to/from the Conference.
All proposals must be received through Formsite at www.formsite.com. AGC will not consider submissions that are not sent through Formsite. To submit a proposal, you will need to create a free Formsite account.
Proposals for our July 2021 conference in Washington, DC should be submitted no later than Friday, February 26, 2021.
To get started, create an account below. If you already have an account, log in below to access your application.
Safety & Health Services
AGC of America
AGC of America