I believe that there are six attributes that determine the level of influence for those who are actively trying to improve care quality. While it is possible to be influential without all of these, I believe that increasing any one of these will result in a higher level of influence.
The six attributes are:
1. Your level of clinical knowledge
2. The amount of practical experience you bring
3. Your understanding of data and measurement
4. Your ability to demonstrate value
5. Your credibility among those who you seek to influence or persuade
6. Your storytelling skills
The following questions will allow you to rate yourself in each of these areas, and at the end you will receive a total score and an interpretation.