To highlight the contributions of the comprehensive North Central Plan developed by our neighbors in 2000 and the call for a renewal of localized community planning, Deaconess Center for Child Well-Being is hosting Equitably Redeveloping Your Community. This six-part workshop series offers residents an opportunity to learn the process of community-led development.
Sessions are sponsored by the St. Louis Promise Zone and the Urban Land Institute of St. Louis.
The series will take place at Deaconess Center For Child Well-Being, 1000 North Vandeventer Ave., from 6-8 PM, Thursdays:
• September 26 - Working with Funding Agencies and Acquiring Property
• October 17 - Road Map of Municipal Approvals and Entitlements
• October 24 - Community Engagement with Different Stakeholders
• November 14 - Financial Incentives and Legislative Update
• November 21 - Real Estate Lending for Development 101
• December 5 - The Power of Partnerships & Next Steps
All are welcome. Our neighbors from the Vandeventer, West Belle, Covenant Blu, and Grand Center neighborhoods are especially welcome to join us.