Winter Riding Camp 2021
Our camps are available for children ages 6 to 15. This is a structured program designed to build strong skills in riding, horsemanship and stable management.
The goal is not only to teach horseback riding in a fun-filled environment but also teaches the importance of safety when working with horses but also respect, responsibility and care towards fellow riders and horses.
NEW THIS YEAR: HEATED WARM ROOM our campers will participate in stable managment and arts and crafts in our newly contructed warm room.
The information collected in this form will be used for internal records and scheduling ONLY. We will NOT distribute this information to any third parties.
What Campers Need to Bring
- Peanut free lunch with lots of snacks
- LOTS of water, we recommend bringing a minimum of 1 litre
- LOTS of warm layers (Cold Months)
What Campers Need to Wear
- ASTM Approved Riding Helmet, MJM Riding School will provide a helmet or you may bring your own
- Long pants such as jeans or leggings for riding (No Shorts, Capris or Skirts)
- Sturdy boots that cover the ankle with at least a 1” heel such as rain boots
- If you have riding attire such as breeches, paddock boots & half chaps you can absolutely wear these
- Thin gloves such as gardening gloves (optional)
9:00 am – 9:30 am: Introduction, Rules & Divide into Groups
9:30 am – 10:00 am: All Groups Groom & Tack Horses
10:00 am – 10:30 am: Group A Stable Management. Group B Snack Break & Stable Management. Group C Morning Ride.
10:30 am – 11:00 am: Group A Snack Break & Stable Management. Group B Morning Ride. Group C Snack Break and Stable Management.
11:00 am – 11:30 am: Group A Morning Ride. Group B Stable Management. Group C Stable Management.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm: All Groups Groom & Untack Horses
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Lunch Time
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm: All Groups Groom & Tack Horses
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Group A Afternoon Ride. Group B Craft. Group C Game.
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm: Group A Snack & Game. Group B Afternoon Ride. Group C Snack & Craft.
2:00 – 2:30 pm: Group A Craft. Group B Snack & Game. Group C Afternoon Ride.
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm: All Groups Groom & Untack Horses
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Group Games or Stable Management
Price & Payment
Four days of camp: $320
Payment Due Date: December 10, 2020
E-transfer is a fast, secure & easy method of sending & tracking payments.
E-Transfer Security Information:
Auto deposit is active and available for use!
If you prefer a security question & password, please use:
Security Questions: What is the password I gave you?
- Address 6095 Dickenson Rd East, Hannon, Ontario
- BUT The entrance to the riding school is off Nebo road
- The second entrance on the right if you are heading south on Nebo, past Dickenson.
- Barn is immediately on the right-hand side as you drive in
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions
Visit our website for more information: https://www.mjmequestriancentre.com/pa-day-camp/