The Louis Bryant Chapter (Arkansas) of the National Black State Troopers Coalition presents a scholarship fund for current college enrolled or College bound high school seniors will be eligible recipients of these scholarships.
The purpose of the NBSTC Scholarship Awards is to provide college scholarship awards to students who have shown a career interest in the Criminal Justice or Social Science field of education. Four scholarship awards have been established to honor individuals who have an expressed interest in an undergraduate degree in the studies of the Criminal Justice or Social Science field.
Up to four undergraduate scholarship awards are available in amounts of $500 annually. Awards are for one year only, but recipients may re-apply for a second year. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipients.
- Applicant must be full-time undergraduate students attending a 2-year or 4-year accredited college or university, a technical college, or a college bound high school senior.
- Applicant must be majoring in a field of Criminal Justice or a Social Science field.
- Applicant must be an Arkansas Resident and a U.S. Citizen.
The NBSTC Scholarship Awards are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. NBSTC will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in a given year.
- Demonstrated or expressed interest in Criminal Justice or Social Service field.
- Student essay – 500 words or less: “African American in Law Enforcement “
- Letters of recommendation – minimum of two
- Academic standing (minimum required cumulative GPA of 2.50)
The National Black State Troopers Coalition scholarship committee will chose from the essays submitted. The scholarships will be awarded/announced at the National Black State Troopers Coalition Annual Summer Boy's Camp. Those awarded a scholarship need not be present to receive their award however, shall provide the National Black State Troopers Coalition with a forwarding address.
To be considered for a National Black State Trooper Coalition Scholarship Award, applicants must complete an application and return it to National Black State Troopers Coalition by July 6th, 2018. The application must include:
- Submit a completed National Black State Troopers Coalition Scholarship application form. Only completed application forms will be considered.
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one from a teacher or school official at the college level.
- An official college transcript or high school transcript including GPA.
- A one page (< 500 words) essay explaining your thoughts on African Americans in law enforcement and their relationship with the public today.
All four of the above items must be submitted with the application as an attachment.
Submission of Application Form
Fill out the online application form completely and sign it.
Submission of Letters of Recommendation, Transcripts, and one essay
Letters of recommendation, transcripts, and one essay should be attached
Questions about the application process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Jack Williams at 501-310-9254 .
Note that all application materials must be received by Deadline: The application deadline is July 6, 2018.
Questions about the application process may be directed to email@example.com or to Jack Williams at 501-310-9254..