We are looking for drivers to transport customer in a comfortable, safe and timely manner. Driver responsibilities include planning each route based on road and traffic conditions Ultimately, you will help us increase customer satisfaction, making sure clients depend on us for their transportation needs. For this position, you should have a Class A or Class B driver’s license with passenger endorsement and a clean driving record with no traffic violations.
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Pick up/drop off clients from the place and at the time they’ve requested
- Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage
- Listen to traffic and weather reports to stay up-to-date on road conditions
- Adjust the route to avoid heavy traffic or road constructions, as needed
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a current Class A or Class B CDL with a passenger endorsement.
- Have a clean driving record.
- Successfully complete Abbott's driver training program.
- Must pass a DOT Physical, and criminal background check.
- Willing to submit to drug & alcohol testing as required by Federal regulations.
- U.S. citizen or able to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
- Be willing to drive multi-day, overnight & weekend trips.
- Proven experience as a Driver
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)