To help reduce the disproportionate impact of Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) in the Black Community, I want to participate in the CIC Links Black K.A.R.E. Program for the duration of 3 months.
As a participant, I will make a sincere effort to:
- Maintain a Healthy Diet
- Eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy
- Eat lean protein (poultry, fish, etc.)
- Avoid foods high in calories, saturated fats, and cholesterol
- Eat only the number of calories needed to maintain a healthy weight
- Maintain an Active Lifestyle
- Participate in at least 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity activity
- Climb the stairs rather than using the elevator
- Manage Stress
- Get 7-9 hours of sleep
- Set aside time to relax
- Manage and Monitor my Health
- Get a Primary Care Physician (PCP) if you don’t have one
- Get regular checkups
- Enroll in the CIC Links Black K.A.R.E. Program
1. Complete a very brief pre and post-survey focused on CKD
2. Participate in the program’s online CKD educational events
3. Submit a weekly status on how you are progressing with achieving Steps 1-4.
(For example, the status should contain information about your meal choices, physical activity completed, average hours of sleep per night, stress management, and feedback about your experience as a participant in the CIC Links Black K.A.R.E. program. )
Click the following link to contact us.